Larkbox X 2023 iGPU 400Mhz instead of 750Mhz (solved), RAM 4000Mhz instead of 4800Mhz?

I’m not a part of Chuwi Staff. I’m a customer, i had other troubles involing the locked BIOS on a laptop, and i could feel that I was attended, and helped. That’s why I wrote my point of view.

Also, I have to say that I didn’t buy the product via the official Chuwi Store, through a retailer instead.
Evidently, I get supported by Chuwi Support. Like you.
They say they are addresing a solution. You say “Scam”. As you said before, we are protected by laws in Europe. Thats why every seller has to take care of its own market. That’s why, for warranty services, I should ask my seller for. And, when in need of support -by reasonable reasons-, asking to the official support staff.

The part involving the ads, as far as I can read, Chuwi Official Store has updated the info, and claimed to update it to their retailers, also investigating why these cpu/gpu/board settings with its provider.

If you see with perspective, you are getting a solution, aparently, involving a Bios/firm update, so, congrats. Really.

My words came to explain how I can understand why sometimes support and tech staff got the hands tied because of the policies of providers (Intel, in case os bios unlocking, for example).
Opinions made by my experience with this brand/products/given service, so far from " nerfing,scamming", that i want to appoint and share.

I hope it will be solved soon.
As a customer, I also say thanks to you, for exposing the problem, it helps to others.

Have a nice day, sir.

1 Like

There is zero need to send any videos. Every information are in this thread. It is simple to understand, simple to reproduce. If HwInfo shows 400MHz on a video or a screenshot like above, is totally irrelevant and equal.

Cold boot => igpu turbo stuck at 400mhz under load.

Put to sleep (suspend to ram), wake up => igpu turbo now properly clocks to 750mhz under load, until rebooting windows again.

Simple to understand. More simple not possible.

Buenas tardes, os mando un vídeo que acabo de hacer donde se ve perfectamente que no pasa de 400Mhz la GPU, tanto con hwinfo ni con gpu-z. Abierto Mario Kart8 de fondo.

igpu limitada a 400Mhz.mp4

1 Like

Sin verlo, diría que la gráfica puede que tenga la GT Max Freq en disabled, o habilitadas en niveles más seguros, también algún setting de S3 - S5 (suspend-to-ram) puede que estén envueltos.

Hay ciertos programas opensource, UEFItools, IRF extractor, …
Con estos, puedes extraer “partes” de la config. de tu UEFi, editarlos, etc.

Los modders los usan para, entre otras cosas -y sabiendo bien qué y cómo hacerlo ya que este tipo de soluciones son como matar moscas a cañonazos- localizar el “punto exacto” donde habilitar las opciones Advanced, que te darían acceso a estas configuraciones.

Si un modder puede hacerlo con herramientas externas a Intel, imagina un engineer con las herramientas propias de Intel una vez entendido y detectado el motivo.

El problema subyacente es que, tener acceso a dichas opciones, es un arma de doble filo. Las formas en las que, con sólo cambiar una opción de la bios por error puedes acabar dejando inoperativo el pc, son muy diversas, y habituales.

Pero ¡Sorpresa!
Hoy día en muchísimos casos, y gracias a tener la bios bloqueada en otros parámetros (csme, fuse realmente fused, sistemas anti-rollback de firmware, zonas de BIOS de data de sólo lectura, bios con eeprom/spi chip de respaldo para fallback, etc …) un simple full drain de la bateria suele arreglar el problema de equipos que no arrancan por malconfiguraciones, sin tener que echar a volar por medio mundo un equipo para que se repare.
Como antaño, quitando la pila CMOS de la placa base. La BIOS vuelve a su configuración segura de fábrica, y el sistema funciona de nuevo…

Porque el problema no puede ser de hardware tal cual comenta alguien, en un afán de dar a entender que compró pato y le dieron gato:

No se puede cambiar una iGFX por otra al gusto en la fábrica, son soluciones seteadas por el proveedor, ergo no puede haber ánimo ni intento de estafa.

Siento las chapas que estoy soltando hoy. No soy técnico, sino usuario.
Pero opino desde la experiencia- No hago más que leer en foros “No toquen la bios, por favor”. Es por todo este tipo de cosas.

Espero que todos estos razonamientos que lanzo puedan servir para entender los " por qué’s" de este problema mientras un engineer chino cocina la solución perfecta y un staff de soporte recibe los golpes por algo que probablemente haya sido decisión unilateralde su proveedo y que, por educación y no exponer al proveedor (Intel) y las relaciones comerciales posiblemente kafkianas entre ambas, una marca no tendrá a bien de poderte explicar.

Y, si no “decisión no informada por parte del proveedor”, error, fallo humano, fallo de programación.

Menos mal que existe un servicio de soporte de la marca que te entiende, te acoge y te soluciona.
Un saludo.

1 Like

Thank you for the last messages trying to support us. We really appreciate. I ask Tech everyday how it is going . When I have news i will let you know . :grinning:

1-Here its the Patch to solve the 400Mhz to 750Mhz issue.
2-4800Mhz to 4000Mhz Ram. No solution . We changed hardware. Will stay like that.
3-Unlock Bios. No solution. We cant provide.

IMPORTANT TO READ:
Please it is just for the batch of serial numbers you see below ,Starting from SLarBXGZ1H240 that is when we actually made changes on hardware.
IF YOUR SERIAL NUMBER DOES NOT APPEAR OR you have doubts , write and i will check for you.
Imagine you have the Serial Number SLarBXGZ1H240100048. It will be between this range of Serials. SLarBXGZ1H240100001-SLarBXGZ1H240102800
That means you can install the Patch.

If you have the Serial SLarBXGZ3H230011054 . It does not match any of the following ones. Then you need to write .But it wont happen because this we did not have this issue with previous batches.

SLarBXGZ1H240102801-SLarBXGZ1H240105000

SLarBXGZ1H240100001-SLarBXGZ1H240102800

SLarBXGZ1H240300001-SLarBXGZ1H240302700

SLarBXGZ1H240302701-SLarBXGZ1H240305000
SLarBXGZ1H240500001-SLarBXGZ1H240500800

SLarBXGZ1H240500801-SLarBXGZ1H240501000

SLarBXGZ1H240501001-SLarBXGZ1H240502000

SLarBXGZ1H240502001-SLarBXGZ1H240503000
SLarBXGZ1H240503001-SLarBXGZ1H240506500

SLarBXGZ1H240506501-SLarBXGZ1H240508000

How to install:

File to install :

@Chung @milos @Chemaysam @user313434 @mkdr @damian @breal @FezzFest @gomp @Goomba @ligeza @BlueCity

1 Like

“3-Unlock Bios. No solution. We cant provide, it does not depend on us.”

That is completely BS dude. You guys are the ODM and can’t get the full bios? Why is every other ODM on this planet able to? Not releasing the full bios for all of your machines because you are scared the end user will mess something up is also bs. No other company says things like this. This is the last Chuwi for me.

3 Likes

Muchísimas gracias!!! Acabo de actualizar la Bios de mi Larkbox X con el problema de la igpu a 400Mhz, y ya funciona a la perfección!!
Confirmado que aumenta a 750Mhz perfectamente.

Muchísimas gracias por todo María Isabel, acabo de actualizar la Bios y confirmo que la igpu ahora aumenta sin problema hasta los 750Mhz. Un placer tratar con profesionales como tú, gracias de nuevo por la atención tan rápida y personal recibida. Un cordial saludo.

Enviado desde Correo para Windows

De nada Chema, me alegro que al final funcionara, espero que los demás lo hayan instalado y ahora funcione .

procesorul lucrează corect .Lasal in pace.LUCREAZA LA FRECVENTE MICI CAND NU ARE NEVOIE DE PROCESARE PREA MARE IAR CÂND VA AVEA NEVOIE ÎȘI VA SCHIMBA SINGUR FRECVENTA.DESCARCA PC 3DMARK GRATUIT SI VEI VEDEA CUM LUCREAZA.

1 Like

Hi to all - I am new here!
Using also a Larkbox x 2023
Serial:
I want to flash the iGPU update but run into some problems between my 76year old brain and keyboard(hihi)
I did as advertised but the update will not finish…
The last words are:
"Found EFI scripts on fs0:

Any help is appreciated!
Many thanks in advance,
Manfred

Sorry forgot the Serial Number:SLarBXGZ1H240100780
Thanks,Manfred

Can you provide me a video, its easier to explain to tech.

Hi and many thanks for your fast reponse,

Here I will tell you how I try to Flash the Patch:

1. download the File ,extract it ,open the Directory and copy the 5Files to a USB stick
    formatted with NTFS.
    2)booted my well beloved Larkbox,press F7 ,got the boot screen ,choose the usb stick ,
    press “Enter” and find the

Mapping table…etc. But the Machine did not switch off itself…

Same picture(sorry I can,t find no way to add pictures in this Post) as in the Updating procedure file.

Maybe @Chemaysam can be of any help?

Thanks in advance for any help…

Manfred

Obviously you need to format a bootable USB stick with fat32 not ntfs, then copy the files on it. Then do again.

1 Like

Buenas, yo lo actualicé sin problemas siguiendo las instrucciones del archivo de texto: Descomprimir y pegar archivos a un pendrive. Arrancar desde el pendrive pulsando f7 y aplicar la actualización de la Bios. Posiblemente sea el formato del pendrive como te comentan en el soporte de Chuwi. También tienes que comprobar el número de serie de tu Larkbox, si está en la lista de los que pueden actualizar. Espero que te funcione!!

1 Like

Hi the Group!
Many thanks to @Chemaysam and @mkdr !!!
Formatting the USB Stick with FAT32 was the key to sucess!

Tested with “FurMark 2.3” and CPUID CPU-Z GPU speeds up smoothly from 300 to 750Mhz PERFECT!!!

Many thanks again to all and this incredible Forum!

Best wishes,Manfred

2 Likes

Can I use it for SLarBXGZ1H240504795 ?

yes you can use it