Larkbox X 2023 iGPU 400Mhz instead of 750Mhz (solved), RAM 4000Mhz instead of 4800Mhz?

1. Why are you posting here?
  2. who in his sane mind would do this to ruin silence
  3. 65°c is super cold, it can go up to 95°c with no problem or throttle issues
  4. english please

65º super cold??? Esa es la temperatura en reposo… debería ser a pleno rendimiento. Si usted dice que se puede usar perfectamente en 95º, quisera ver la durabilidad del miniPC, dudo que llegue a un año.
Escribo en castellano porque soy español, usted puede usar el traductor de google como hacemos los demás.
Si le molesta que escriban o aporten sugerencias o ideas sobre el mismo miniPC del post, quizá debería plantearse participar en foros. Ya lo elimino para que no se moleste, señor.

Yes, 65°c is very cold for CPU core temperature. No, my larkbox is at around 40°c at idle. No, it is not a problem, if CPU core temperature even reaches 90°c to 95°c under max load. CPU auto throttle will start at 95°c and still is not a problem. Critical temperatur when system auto shuts down is 105°c to 107°c. And as you see, obviously I am using Google translate, but this is a English forum, you should translate your post and then post in English. There is no design flaw in air flow, you can check holding your hand against air flow at the back and you will notice a constand air flow.

El ventilador conectado al puerto USB es sumamente silencioso. 1% molestia - 200% mejora de temperatura.

like I said, there are no temperatur issues with the default fan. no need to install a 2nd fan.

Hello I have serialno. 240 0302738. Can I use this patch ?
Love to hear from you.

In theory yes, but do you have the same issue? if not please do not install

Hi. Do I need this patch? my SN is SLarBXGZ1H240506372

… whats wrong with people asking if they need a patch they have no idea about?

1 Like

if the computer works fine., do not install it

No reason to not provide bios with “advanced” section. We need vt-x support, enable or disable tpm to certain OS… The device and the processor supports it, we need the advanced tab to use all the Larkbox X features, it’s important! I don’t know right reason to not provide it. Please, Can you help us?

1 Like

I am sorry , i asked and reasked Tech and its not possible to open :frowning:

Then provide custome firmware to flash with the asked options. It is simple. Give a form where people say what of the 1000 options they want to enable/disable, you tell your nonsense IT staff, they hard code it, and give you back the firmware, problem solved.

Other solution: Never buy Chuwi ever again and tell it to everybody you know.

It’s a nonsensical response. There is no hardware-level reason to block these options (Chuwi has older and worse devices where it is possible). You have a good device, and the features you are blocking are important and greatly reduce potential uses. I don’t want to return my Larkbox X because I am happy with it, and I hope you can escalate this issue to the appropriate person so that we can access those options. Otherwise, Chuwi will be worsening and significantly reducing the potential sales and uses of its device for no reason, which is completely absurd. We can wait, I hope you can help us and fix this nonsensical issue

2 Likes

There is a program called amibcp shared online that can modify ami bios.
I think anyone who knows how to use that program can modify or unlock bios.
I don’t know how to use that program, but when I opened the larkbox x bios file with that program, there was an advanced menu and an item to adjust the ram frequency.

1 Like

I never got it to work maybe you can write a how to for it also post the working version to download.

The only logic thing which comes to my mind, why Chuwi is blocking it, that there might be a virus/trojan horse in their UEFI to spy on people. Google about it lots of cheap N100 China products have these spyware in the UEFI and recovery partition.

I never use amibcp, seems difficult to use, but maybe I could try to use to modify. Obviously, this wouldnt be necessary if Chuwi helps us.

I don’t know if it’s true that Chuwi has spyware in its BIOS, but certainly, blocking it for no reason and refusing to help us with it does not inspire much confidence. I still hope they will help us with a problem that is so trivial for them and important for the customers.

Has anyone managed to build a Larkbox Bios with amibcp?