Minibook X backlight of the keyboard

backlight of the keyboard is always on and I can’t switch off it manually. Fn +F5 doesn’t work. Any idea?

Hi, does pressing f5 alone or restarting also keep it on all the time?

1 Like

F5 alone also doesn’t work. Other functional keys + Fn are working like mute, volume, bright etc, but not backlite. Restarting many times.

Can you send me drivers for keyboard? Mayby this can help. Phisicaly key F5 is working, testing, but bot action with Fn. Or there are any setings in BIOS?

1 Like

Hi, I also have a problem with my keyboard backlit… mine is off though. Opposite of your case. Any idea how to turn this on and then off when needed?

The backlight on my minibook x was stuck on, then off (and wouldn’t turn on) and then I saw that some keys were just not working (numbers, some F-keys). I had to replace the whole top of the case with the keyboard and now everything works again.

So I hope that’s not the case but it might be a failing keyboard.

Hello there mobby,

Glad to see you’re still around, Chuwi should give you good discounts for being so helpful around here :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunatelly i dropped liquid on my minibook x,

I disassembled it and noticed one cant simply replace the keyboard as there are plastic ribbons (?) Holding the thing in place.

My question for you is, where did you get the bottom part with keyboard attached, and did it bring the trackpad? The trackpad for all i can tell is glued (?) To the chassis, it will require a bit of heat to get it off, but wonder if it’s what you ended up doing.

Thank you in advance for your help!

It’s a bit unhealthy to be this obsessed with a cheap laptop, isn’t it? :slight_smile: But until Lenovo makes a 10" X1 Yoga I think I’m stuck here.

This is what you get when you order a replacement keyboard from chuwi:

There’s no trackpad but everything else is there. So you’ll have to unglue the trackpad, but just sticking a card or guitar pick there is enough to remove it. After replacing it, the laptop didn’t detect the trackpad at all, but resetting the BIOS to defaults made it work. Or maybe that was a coincidence…

The rest is just removing the screws holding the motherboard and the hinges. Super easy and takes like 10 minutes.