Minibook X N100 self discharging

Hi,
After 3 cycles my new minibook is still discharging when turned off, can be -25% or more through night…

Here is issue. You can see battery management losing 3%(43 to 40%) in 1h while turned off, it displays “screen on 1h” of course can’t be, it would lose around 20%. “No app” turning is logic.
Don’t know what to do seems a sensor or internal resistance issue, I may just waste my time reinstalling everything?

What’s wrong with official seller on AliExpress!!???
I propose to return device at my own cost in spite being defective and he refused?!
How possible to be so dishonest??!
He is arguing that is normal that a laptop turned off goes to zero battery after 36 hours?!
I reinstalled w11, 3 more hours spent. Same issue…

1 Like

Hey,

This is Windows and Intel being derps. It’s a technology called S0 low power idle (S0ix), sometimes referred to as ‘Modern Standby’.

Assuming you have purchased the N100 variant, the BIOS is locked down (cucking funts are Chuwi…) however you can still force Windows to use proper S3 sleep and fully power down. Check this link for instructions (PS there’s a regedit file you can download and click to run).

Sorry about your bad experience with support, but ultimately, all of their hardware is considered risky and disposable. Warranty effectively doesn’t exist.

Olly

2 Likes

God, olorinhenderson, your answer is SO helpful ! I could edit registry (even though not possible to download reg files, but one can easily find on many websites how to edit your own reg script)
So now when I check through powercfg /a , after reboot, I can see S3 mode activated
will assess tomorrow effect on battery
thank you so much ! may this message help others

night edit : seems draining the same. I just realise that I effectivly turned off by using “shut down” , not “sleep”
I shouldn’ have met issue then?

powercfg /a
The following sleep states are available on this system:
Standby (S3)
Hibernate
Hybrid Sleep
Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2)

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)

You’ve done something wrong. You should only have S3 sleep. Download and apply the regedit file, then reboot.

For reference, here’s my MB X N100:

IMG_0176.JPG

value was already set properly to “0” I may need to find another way
when I use battery report, I only find 2 of the 3 modes : active and suspended. I used (“shut down”), so I guess it was never in sleep mode?

• Connected Standby: The device is in Standby Mode (Battery: 5 min, Plugged in: 10 min). Battery drop is about 1-2 % per hour
  • Active: The device is in use
  • Suspended: The device is in hibernation mode (after 6 hours standby the device hibernates). Battery drop: very little to nothing

Windows won’t shut down when S0i is available - that’s the whole point. Intel are playing it that laptops don’t need powering off any more. So even though you hit sleep, or hibernate, or shut down, you’re not getting anything but S0i, backed with hibernation if your device loses all battery.

You need to disable fast startup and hibernation, and apply the registry tweak to tell Windows not to use S0i. The only sleep setting you want available is S3, just like my list. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, now S3 is only sleep mode left, still losing 2%/hour…
Trying something, deconnexting battery for a few and seing what happens…
505500-251P 2ICP5/55/92

You know, I think your problem is a hardware issue. I make my N100 Minibook X to hibernate when closing the lid. It never lost any power overnight.