Purchasing the correct USB-C Charger & Cable

Hi darkjeric,

Any idea how long the ZMI QB823 16 (at full charge) can power the Ubook pro (which has had the internal battery removed) doing web browsing and microsoft office (dare I suggest short 30min video calls ??) ?

I had to remove the bloated internal battery from my Ubook Pro and I dont have much faith in Chuwi’s battery at the moment, so I’m not keen on fitting a new battery in.

Just wondering how possible it would be to go portable with the Ubook pro (without internal battery) with the ZMI QB823 16.

Thanks !

Oh no, that’d be something I would just be guessing at. I use it mainly as a note-taking and music sheet device during my lessons (I’m a guitar teacher), and even on my longest days it gets me through all lessons with about 30% left after 8-9hrs of screen-on time. Mind you, this is with wifi turned off, battery saver turned on and screen brightness around 25-30%. I didn’t need the powerbank much yet because of that.

If it’s any indication: I did charge the tablet about two times from about 35-40% all the way up to 100% and topped up my smartphone (a Galaxy S9+) for at least two charges worth before the power bank itself needed recharging. So I would dare say that the power bank would at the very least match the original battery life of the Ubook Pro with internal battery, since it is a lot bigger capacity-wise. You do lose some power through the conversion over USB-C, but still…

One final addition: Charging over USB-C tends to be hit-and-miss on the Ubook Pro, regardless of whether I’m using a wall adapter or the ZMI powerbank. It regularly happens (I’d say about 4/10 times) that charging doesn’t work, and then it only starts working after a reboot. Don’t know if I’d count on it as my main power-source, that could get frustrating pretty fast.

Thansk darkjeric,
Actually the powerbank sounds really good,
But the problem with be the hit and miss with USB-C power in coz my Ubook doesnt have internal battery,
Then i’d have to bring along the power adapter nonetheless on top of the powerbank.
Haha. But it would have been such a cool idea.

Or you could take into account the time a reboot takes, because if charging over USB-C didn’t work for me a reboot always fixed it. :wink: