Ubook + USB-C charge

Just received my ubook and i’m disapointed because i bought it because it was stated that there was a charge in usb-c port.

Just tried to charge it via usb-c (diferent cables and chargers) and it just doesnt charge.

If this feature isn’t available why is it stated everywhere??

I have not seen information that says that port C has a charging function, but if it were, it would be with a P.D.

Any charger with USB C does not work. A mobile charger with a USB A cable with USB C output cannot be used.
The tablet will charge with a Power Delivery charger and a USB C cable (USB C to USB C)

So, what is stated here?

https://gyazo.com/ce731a6a5170d3ae34cc3845e323e4d4

Can you indicate one of those powerr deliver charger?

Can anyone confirm this tablet is able to charge on usb-c with power delivery?

Asking only to be sure when i plug in the usb -c PD i’m not going to broke it :smiley:

Thank you!

The UBook specifications do not appear to be compatible with PD. It says the following: the full-featured port is compatible with the USB-IF association fast charging protocol, whose charging time is more than double. In addition, it is compatible with the DISPLAYPort standard and can be used to transfer UHD video to an external monitor. Finally, it can be used to expand a port through a multiport hub.

Well i have the intel N4100 model. And i got it from Amazon. There is advertised " Versatile Interface, All In One

UBook has versatile USB Type-C interface. It sets transmission data, charging in one. It can also connect Hub to more extensions.It almost meet the all peripheral connection in the market." It saying charging in one. I mean that’s why i got the tablet for USB. To have one charger for everything. I guess is false advertising…

Yap, it really sounds like false advertising and it really sucks cause i bought this product for having usb-c charging

Very disappointed about it. Probably I’m gonna return the product, cuz that’s not right. People buy a product cuz they believe the advertising is real. Also is saying the battery can deliver more than 4h of streaming:)). My ubook died after 2.5h of stream with screen at 50% and power save on

manonegra222 UPDATE, i just got a Power delivery charger 60W and this tablet dosan’t charge, actually the USB - C Is only charging my phone, in rest is just looking good on my Ubook.

as i saiyd before on Amazon is advertised " Versatile Interface, All In One

UBook has versatile USB Type-C interface. It sets transmission data, charging in one. It can also connect Hub to more extensions.It almost meet the all peripheral connection in the market."

Can some one from the Managment confirm if this tablet’s USB-C port can do something else apart of charging my phone? If the port can’t be used to be charged with a PD charger is shame…

Also in the bios USB-C Is disabled and is impossible to be enabled!
20200228_192834|375x500

I also got one of these as it said USB-C charging which you can clearly see in the advert for it on Amazon

I am very disappointed that the port does not charge.

To me it looks like it is refering to the fact that you can charge external USB devices that are connected to the USB-C port. Not that it accepts PD charging. There is no PD charging specs on the UBook even on the Chuwi Website itself. Nor does Amazon state anything about PD charging on the UBook.

Ubook - Versatile USB-C
https://www.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-Ubook.html

Ubook Pro - PD 2.0 Fast Charge
https://www.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-Ubook-Pro-N4100.html

The UBook Pro does allow for charging via the USB-C port with a PD charger.

Hi,
I have a Ubook.
I tested the USB-C with a charger that have the same
capacity of the Chuwi.
And it charges!
I think it is faster than the original.
I used the Teclast of my Teclast F5.

Hello,

I have an Intel M3-6Y30 UBook sold from Kickstarter and It has worked with USB PD (Power Delivery) out of the box, I don’t know what the specs of N4100 model are though.

I have recently bought the U book X (not Pro, tho not sure what difference is). My X model has Intel Celeron (N4100). It definitely charges using the USB C port using PD 48w charger. The same charger has PD 18w port and this does not charge the U book X.

Yes , USB-C port does charging by using a power supplier with C to C cable