UbookPro powerbank?

Which powerbank for UbookPro 12.3 M3-8100Y 8gb .
Original power loader is 12 v 2Amp.?

AliExpress or Lazada ? ( delivery to Thailand adress )

look for this or any powerbank with at least 45W Power Delivery (P.D.) with at least 20,000 mAh: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07KSW7KNT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using this one for the last couple of months. Working like a charm! :slight_smile:

The original page on Aliexpress is gone, but it still apears to be on sale at other Aliexpress-pages like: https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000248514481.html

As manonegra222 said, any powerbank that supports PD-charging and is rated for at least 45W should do the trick, although Iā€™d assume that one rated for 65W would charge the Ubook Pro more ā€œeasilyā€ since itā€™s overspecā€™d.

1 Like

Thanks to both ofyou replying :+1:ā€¦i have put the one from A-xpress on wish list .

Only problem is my Usb-c not work anymore ( as more chuwi owners complain about) , same as camera also a few reported & whatever trying updating drivers etcā€¦Chuwi grow pains i guessā€¦:roll_eyes:

But all other Chuwi things working fineā€¦:grin:.

So can i use my PZOZ model FC57 quick adapter (PD cable to Normal usb ) OUT 5V 3A./ 9V 2.67A / >12V 2A< ?

No, it will only charge through port C or through the specific charging port for the wall charger

Chargers with USB-A (QuickCharge 3.0) do not work. You need a storage device that has a USB-C output from PD 3.0. This one works.

65W GaN USB C PD LadegerƤt Schnell Ladung 3,0 QC 3,0 PPS SCP AFC Typ C Schnelle USB LadegerƤt fĆ¼r Macbook Pro iPhone 12 Pro Max Samsung|Mobile Phone Chargers| - AliExpress

You also need the right cable. Simply take a USB-C cable that supports 100 watts. So you are on the safe side.

USB Typ C Zu USB C 100W/60W PD Schnell Ladekabel QC 4,0 Typ C Schnelle ladegerƤt FĆ¼r Huawei P40 Samsung S10 S20 Macbook Pro|Mobile Phone Cables| - AliExpress

There is also a matching power bank. PD3.0 with 12V 3A should also work.

Baseus 65W Power Bank 30000mAh USB C PD Quick Charge 30000 Power Tragbare Externe Batterie LadegerƤt FĆ¼r iPhone xiaomi Laptop|Power Bank| - AliExpress

But that charger has USB C out ! :thinking: And i have a thick USB-C PD cable ā€¦Specications : ( Type-C USB-C Charger Cable 5A Fast Charging
for MacBook and Applicable PD 29W 30W 45W
60W 61W 65W 87W Type-C Power Adapterā€¦)

It should work for charging the Ubook Pro, but not solely because of the USB-C port. There are USB-C ports out there (looking at you, Chuwi Hi10X) that doā€™nt support Power Delivery (PD) Charging, so donā€™t assume because the port fits that it should work.

However, the last spec on your adapter says 12V/2A which equals 24W, and this should be enough to charge the Ubook Pro. It absolutely needs 12V to even begin charging, and anything up from 2A (so 24W and up) does the trick.

I donā€™t know where you get the wattage for your adapter going above 24W though, it surely doesnā€™t state those higher numbers in its spec. I only read 15W (2V/3A) and 24W (9V/2.67A or 12V/2A).

Ah thatā€™s different from what Google showed when searching. :slight_smile: Google showed me one with QC3 and USB-A.

According to the label, this power supply can be 12V / 2A. So it should work on the Ubook X.
Mine is a P38-PD61W which supports 5V / 3A, 9V / 3A, 12V / 3A, 15V / 3A, 20V / 3A, 20.3V / 3A.
The cable with up to 87 watts should also work.

Once more thanks for replies ,
so i only have to search for a PD charging cable with one end Usb-C and on the other end a normal standard USB male connector , so i can use my usb standard ports to load Chuwi UbookPro m3 as the c- port looks dead , (first time it stopped after a Win 10 update ā€¦, and few days later i saw the still connected ethernet adapter purple light burned again ā€¦, for few time and weeks later it stopped for ever :roll_eyes:.)

Seems every Chuwi owner must have some things not working ,ā€¦ glad it is only this for me :grin:
Good project but not full developed it seems :wink:

Iā€™m not sure the Ubook Proā€™s can charge through other USB-ports. Since they only charge at 12V (which is very high), and USB-A ports donā€™t support that high a voltage, I think youā€™re out of luck there. You might try some of the adapters that some people have been using to charge the Hi10X, which doesnā€™t support PD-charging but does require 12V to charge as well, which no USB-adapter will do without PD-negotiation. If you could put something like that on a powerbank or adapter that supports charging at 12V, it might work through the pogo-pin charger on your Ubook Pro. But chances are itā€™d be a very inconvenient solutionā€¦

I am afraid you could be right ,about those normal usb ports ā€¦,

but i used that same usb-c charger for my Samsung smartphones and other ones with normal loading (seems he switch then to a lower voltage , so no burning ā€¦) but so doing the loading shall not happen as need 12 V 2A ā€¦, so only option to use that small very handy charger ( if i could find ā€¦/ if existing) is a n adapter plug one side with a pin-type male as from the standard Chuwi loader and other side female usb-c ā€¦, so i could plug in & use that charger on the standard loading opening ā€¦

I am really very simple in electric things , now all complicated with those self thinking cables & chargers :woozy_face:

I have to write a few words on the subject again, as it is important to understand how the fast charging techniques work.

There are several fast charging techniques. But they have one thing in common. At the beginning they basically only output the 5V.
This is so that you cannot accidentally break anything.
In the second step there is a check. The charger and the end device communicate together.

Put simply, the end device tells the charger which protocol it can use and which voltage it would like to have. The charger tells the end device whether it can handle the protocol and the voltage. When both devices have found a common interface, they only go into fast charging mode.

So here you can see that the charging standard and the voltage profile have to match.
Another partner is added for fast charging standards with high performance. The cable. Normal USB cables are not built for such large currents. There are therefore extra cables that are built for such currents. In order to prevent that normal cables are accidentally used and they could burn off, the stronger cables have also been given a chip. This chip is the 3rd partner in communication. Because this tells the end device and the charger whether it can also transport these currents.

It only works when all 3 have come together.

Only the UBooks that have full features on USB-C support charging via USB PD! Because the normal USB 3.0 cannot communicate with the charger. This is only possible in special cases such as QC 3.0, since the currents remain correspondingly low here. However, this protocol is not supported by the UBook.

What I have personally observed is that the USB-C port on the Chuwi is additionally protected. If a charger is plugged in that is not compatible with the UBook, the USB-C is simply switched off. And it stays that way until a cold reset is done.

In short, for charging via USB, the UBook must support USB-PD, the USB-C cable must be designed for the power and have a corresponding chip and support the charger / power bank USB-PD with 12V 2A.

:+1: so that is why i wish to try find adapter plug to use that charger on the originall charge portā€¦
Thanks ā€¦(cable life becomes complicated ā€¦
) :grin:

| MarMai
June 2 |

• | - |

I have to write a few words on the subject again, as it is important to understand how the fast charging techniques work.

There are several fast charging techniques. But they have one thing in common. At the beginning they basically only output the 5V.
This is so that you cannot accidentally break anything.
In the second step there is a check. The charger and the end device communicate together.

Put simply, the end device tells the charger which protocol it can use and which voltage it would like to have. The charger tells the end device whether it can handle the protocol and the voltage. When both devices have found a common interface, they only go into fast charging mode.

So here you can see that the charging standard and the voltage profile have to match.
Another partner is added for fast charging standards with high performance. The cable. Normal USB cables are not built for such large currents. There are therefore extra cables that are built for such currents. In order to prevent that normal cables are accidentally used and they could burn off, the stronger cables have also been given a chip. This chip is the 3rd partner in communication. Because this tells the end device and the charger whether it can also transport these currents.

It only works when all 3 have come together.

Only the UBooks that have full features on USB-C support charging via USB PD! Because the normal USB 3.0 cannot communicate with the charger. This is only possible in special cases such as QC 3.0, since the currents remain correspondingly low here. However, this protocol is not supported by the UBook.

What I have personally observed is that the USB-C port on the Chuwi is additionally protected. If a charger is plugged in that is not compatible with the UBook, the USB-C is simply switched off. And it stays that way until a cold reset is done.

In short, for charging via USB, the UBook must support USB-PD, the USB-C cable must be designed for the power and have a corresponding chip and support the charger / power bank USB-PD with 12V 2A.

If you want to use the 12V barrel connector, there are also solutions.

Like such a converter cable for QC3.0. But then the power bank must also support QC 3.0 12V 1.5.

NOWON QC3.0 USB zu 12V 1,5A 5,5x2,1mm Step Up Line Converter-Kabel fĆ¼r WiFi Router LED: Amazon.de: KĆ¼che & Haushalt

This cable simulates the charger that it is an end device that needs 12V 1.5A. These 12 V are then output at the barrel connector.

At the 12V barrel connector the 1.5A should then be sufficient, it only takes about 25% longer until it is fully charged.