Recovery rebuild + windows install

Hi everyone,

I need some help for rebuild my recovery partition.

Last big windows update “brick” my tablet. Some files where move to make some place and windows can’t find it after the update. So my tablet was unusable (lock on black screen with “undoing change …”

I’ve downloaded windows image on the download section but it doesn’t work : the recovery partition is damaged (there is only the Winre file on it) so I can’t restore with this.

Can somebody send me the content of the recovery partition (this partition is hidden but can easily be shown)?

If the restoration is done with success, will I need to install manually every driver or they are already installed on the windows image?

Thanks a lot for your help !

I advise you to perform a clean installation of Windows by downloading a Windows 10 flash drive from the official Microsoft site with the media management tool.You should also download, from the Hi13 thread in the downloads section of this forum, the drivers for your tablet as it will be needed once Windows is installed.
Once you have the pendrive, you must start with the pendrive connected and press F7 intermittently until the boot selection menu comes out. Choose the pendrive and in the menu that will appear, select install Windows.The next screen will ask you where you want to install Windows and you should mark, one by one, each and every one of the partitions that appear in the image and remove them. When none is left, it will indicate that there is an unallocated space with the size of the capacity of the eMMC (storage space). Mark that unallocated space as the destination of the Windows installation and click next. You do not have to create any partitions or format.
The Windows installation will start and the computer will restart several times. When prompted for the Windows password, click on “I don’t have a password” as Windows will be activated automatically with the first internet connection.
The process will end with Windows installed and then it is time to install the missing drivers

It is logical that, after a clean installation of Windows, the system does not recognize the drivers of non-Intel devices. This happens on any device of any brand.We must then install the drivers that Windows has not been able to install.To do this, after downloading the drivers of our tablet or laptop model and unzipping them into a device storage folder, disable Windows protection for the installation of unsigned drivers.To deactivate this protection, press start, restart with the shitf key pressed, and restart now. When you restart, an advanced reset screen will open in which you must press 7 or F7 to deactivate the protection and it will restart normally.
It is time to go to the device manager, by clicking on the start button with the right mouse button and in the menu choose device manager, and see in the device tree the drivers that are not correctly installed. (they have a yellow triangle).You have to click on each of them with the right button, driver properties, update driver. On the next screen, choose the option below “search for driver software on the computer”. On the next screen “choose from a list of available drivers on the computer” and on the next one you must click on the use disk button; The browser will open and select the folder where you have unzipped the downloaded drivers, checking the option to search in subfolders.The system will install the device driver. You have to repeat this process with each of the devices with a yellow triangle. Keep in mind that if you restart, the protection will be activated again, so you must activate it again when you have to install a driver.

Thank you for your help.

After first fail with stock image, I’ve downloaded windows from Microsoft website and done a clean install.

But of course, anything is recognised : no digitaliser, no sound, screen in basic mode … So I’ve tried to apply driver update but my problems is that there is some device I can recognise and I don’t know how to identify them so I don’t know how apply the right update.

Je viens de voir que vous parlez francais, ce sera plus simple :wink:

Il y a quelques drivers que j’ai réussi à réappliquer comme le driver graphique, le son, mais le capteur de rotation, le tactile, je n’ai pas réussi …

Certains pilotes ne sont pas pris en charge par Windows car ils ne sont pas signés numériquement. Vous devez donc désactiver cette protection pour pouvoir les installer. Dans ma réponse je te dis comment faire

Oui mais j’ai 5 ou 6 “périphérique inconnu” de mémoire et j’ai aucune info dans les paramètres du périphérique genre fabricant ou autre qui pourrait me dire à quoi ça correspond. Quand je vais sur ces périphériques, ça me dit qu’aucun driver n’est installé car le périphérique n’est pas reconnu. Du coup je sais pas qu’elle driver lui donner puisque je sais pas quel est le matériel en face.

Merci

Il n’est pas nécessaire d’indiquer le sous-dossier spécifique dans lequel se trouve le pilote, mais uniquement le dossier général dans lequel se trouvent les dossiers de pilotes de tous les périphériques.
Il n’est pas nécessaire de savoir quel est le périphérique inconnu, il suffit de cliquer dessus, d’effectuer un clic droit, d’installer ou de mettre à jour le pilote … en suivant les instructions précédentes … et en laissant l’option “Rechercher dans les sous-dossiers” cochée.

Un grand merci à toi pour ton aide.
J’ai réussi à tout remettre en ordre. J’ai juste le capteur de luminosité qui est en défaut. “le périphérique n’est pas alimenté” code 10. C’est les bons drivers mais il fonctionne pas. J’ai lu sur un forum que j’étais pas le seul avec ce problème et que des maj Windows l’avaient corrigé. On verra bien …

Encore merci.

Je suis ravi que tout retourne à la normale et que vous puissiez profiter de votre appareil.

Hi! I did everything that you explanied. Everything is fine except the touch screen. I still have one unknown driver uninstalled in the Device Manager (the Goodix driver). I tried manually installing the .bat on the folder -12. TP- but it gives me an error (doesn’t find the gt9*.bin file on windows/inf (like its shown in this other forum (in spanish) https://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1265831)

I tried manually copying the TouchScreen.gt file into the windows/inf folder, but touchscreen is still not working.

I also tried installing another copy of the Goodix driver that i got from lenovo, and is still not working

You have 2 links on this forum for drivers. So you have 2 packages of drivers. Have you downloaded both ?

You need to reboot : disable security as written before, and try to install the driver from a folder downloaded before then the other. I don’t remember with one is the good one but I met the same trouble.
After that, reboot and touch screen should be working.
In my case, it was working but after a reboot with update installing, the touchscreen.gt was gone and I juste needed to put it on the right folder.

Allright, I got the touch screen working, BUT IT IS INVERTED, anyone know how can i fix this?
I don’t exactly know how it got fixed. I made this steps:

1.Try installing the drivers listed on https://techtablets.com/chuwi-hi13/downloads/
2. Try installing https://es.drvhub.net/devices/input-devices/goodix/touch-hid NOTE: CLICK ON DOWNLOAD ZIP, NOT IN DOWNLOAD DRIVER
3. Try installing DriverHub and DriversCloud (Programs that will install misisng drivers for you)
4. Reboot many times

Try to unistall the device in the devices manager then allow driver installation permission. After that, use the method described before to install the driver from the folder you’ve downloaded. It works perfectly for me and I didn’t use a drivers update software.

1 Like

I am glad that my instructions have served and I can enjoy your device again.

What device do you mean to uninstall? The Goodix?

The digitaliser for the one you’ve installed the driver.

Hello
After installing HI 13 windows the touch screen is not good. As you described, I installed everything. The Goodix driver recognizes the display, but senses a horizontal reflection. G-sensor is not good, it automatically loads the bosch driver, but everyone has a kionix. Could that be the problem? Has anyone experienced this before?
Hello

Please read this post if it can help

Hello guys,
I am desperate with that HI13.
Due to windows slowlyness after infinites updates from time to time, I had to reinstall it.
No issue at that level : USB boot, etc.
Coming to drivers, I got many of these but the crucial ones are still missing : working touch screen (mine is inverted + mismatch my finger) and gyro.

Of course, Chuwi does not react, would have been sooo easy for them to provide drivers on their website end of story. That tablet is great to read comics, so I must find a solution.

Anyone have all Chuwi hi13 drivers working for Windows 10 ? It will become my new God/Godess and I will workship him/her :slight_smile:

Thanks !