Stupid question No.1

I’m just in the process of setting up my freshly received UBook Pro (4100 version) complete with keyboard and pen and, I have to say that, so far, I’m impressed!

My first, maybe stupid, question, however is this: if I close the keyboard cover does this send the UBook to sleep? Is this controlled by the Control Panel Power option?

Thought I’d ask, first!

Since I don’t have it, I can’t give you an answer.
Take the test, close the lid and check if you turn off the screen. If so, what it does is that it goes into suspension, according to Windows power options. This suspension will be for a few hours and while Wi-Fi and all the services of the tablet will be active, so there will be energy consumption.
Once the time set in the power options has passed, the system must go into hibernation, in which all the devices are disconnected and the power consumption stops.

However, with an SSD the tablet should turn on in about 15 seconds, this time that makes suspension and hibernation less important.

I, with my AeroBook, never suspend

1 Like

I think close the keyboard will turn off the screen, my ubook pro still updates windows with keyboard closed.

Thanks to both of you for replying. It certainly seems to be that closing the keyboard cover just shuts off the screen, rather than doing anything more and is unaffected by the Power settings!

I remembered that the action “close the lid” can be modified in Windows settings. So you can choose whether to turn off the screen when you close the lid