Ubook Pro dual boot W10 + Android

Hello, new member here plus new owner of a n4100 Ubook Pro ruining W10 in need of some guidance or advice.

I wanted and use the Ubook Pro instead of a physical notepad + daily diary + meeting note taker + means to mark up architectural drawings with survey notes and information which is all of the run of the mill stuff

… However…

I have a few applications which only run on Android which are used for writing site reports with photos taken on site… So I have bluestacks android emulator installed with a desktop shortcut… Also I have a laser distance measure that connects via Bluetooth … But only runs on Android (or iOS)…

Unfortunately as bluestacks is an android emulator it won’t obviously connect to Bluetooth devices and the camera…

Hence I wondered if there was a way to boot the ubook Pro to usb and run a live android distro such as android x86 https://www.android-x86.org/ on a small (nano) usb stick which would be able to interface with the camera and also Bluetooth devices…

Ive had a brief look of the bios boot options and did not see boot from usb listed as an option

I’ve considered partitioning the HDD to install Android x86 on another partition but am reluctant to go down that route until I asked if anyone has any other suggestions of being able to run W10 and android seamlessly

Thanks for your time and any guidance

Rob

Yes, you can create a bootable USB flash drive and dual boot to another OS.

I have a CloudReady ChromeOS USB bootable drive and was able to successfully boot into it with the UBook Pro.

You can check available boot devices by going into BIOS and looking at the Boot page. It will list all available boot drives. Typically #1 will be Windows Boot Manager. For me, #2 was the USB drive. Here you can change the boot order if you wish but it probably would be better to select the boot drive during the boot up process.

To access the boot menu on startup, Press Fn+F7 during startup and the boot menu should appear. You then can choose which drive (OS) to boot. As I have stated, using this method I can dual boot Windows which is on the SSD and boot ChromeOS which is on the USB drive.

1 Like

Hey,

i am using now dual boot. windows 10 home and android prime os.
this combination works really great. no problem with any drivers or some.

i had one problem mit prime os with touchscreen driver, but at bootup i used Prime OS debug mode. after finishing debug mode the touchscreen is working fine now.

also at windows no problems or conflicts. i would recommend it.

Hi DonKing

I just installed PrimeOS on my UBook Pro - works fine so far, except the touchscreen.

Boot into debug mode works, but when I restart and boot to normal PrimeOS, touchscreen stops working.

Furthermore, when I boot to debug mode, the computer gets stuck at a certain command line. I have to type exit and then it starts normally.

Is it the same with your computer?

Thanks for your help.

Any way to change grub boot order to windows as default?

…btw, this is the command line where my pc gets stuck before booting to debug mode:

Same as me. The first week no problem but meanwhile the same. Installed phoenix os. Nice so far except perfomance. Dont know why. Guess driver problem

Hallo and greetings from Germany,

sorry for my English, I hope you understand me.

I´ ve bought the UBook Pro with Intel N4100 two weeks ago. It´s a very good tablet, I love it, but only Win 10 was not enough.
I´m installed last week an bigger SSD (Crucial MX 500 / 1 TB)
The original 256 GB SSD is now my new USB-Stick.

Yesterday I´m tested the Tripple-Boot-Option Win 10 - Linux Mint - Chrome OS.
So I have all Android Apps of Googles Playstore in Chrome OS. This OS works very fast and stable. This is phantastic!!! All drivers are working inclusive Touchscreen, Touchpad, WiFi, Bluetooth. No problems such as Bliss OS,Prime OS etc.

Than I can work with Win 10 . Here I upgraded to Win 10 Pro (Bitlocker/Remote Access) It works fine and fast. For videocapturing and other I use my Highend-PC in the cloud (Shadow Blade)

The bonus is Linux Mint on the 3rd Partition. It´s a nice OS but not my favorite. You need ist to install Chrome OS.

You can configure the Bootmanager (Grub)

This is the best Configuration I tested.

Here is the link on Youtube. Make it step by step and it will works.

Have fun with the new UBook Pro and functionally Android Apps!!!

3 Likes

hello, can you explain how to install chrome os? step by step please.
for ubook pro.
I want android and play store too.
I have installed varius options (blees, prime os…), but dont work at 100% all fails in drivers, touch screen, wifi or something.

Hallo,

Please show the video. This is the complete instruction. Step by step .

Greetings

update:

The system with Win 10 + Chrome OS + Linux Mint works very well, smooth and fast.
Now I used the original “old” SSD for Harddisk-Backup with AOMEI Backupper.
I maked an image of the new SSD (Crucial 1 TB) with all partitions and Data.
The image need 130 GB (middle compression) on the backupdrive. I tested the Recovery.
The Recovery works with bootable media in the “Bootmode” without problems. I needed ca. 50-60 min for recovery. After that the Ubook Pro startet without fails und works phantastic.
I think this constallation is the best for me. Win 10 with all Programms, the most Android Apps an the Linuxn distribution for configuration.

im following the video youtube instructions but Installing linux a error messsge apears and i cant continue. I dont know how to solve ir.

Hey, thanks for your link. Did anyone of you manage to use touch during boot to choose the OS you like to start?