Ubook Pro dual boot W10 + Android

Hello, new member here plus new owner of a n4100 Ubook Pro ruining W10 in need of some guidance or advice.

I wanted and use the Ubook Pro instead of a physical notepad + daily diary + meeting note taker + means to mark up architectural drawings with survey notes and information which is all of the run of the mill stuff

… However…

I have a few applications which only run on Android which are used for writing site reports with photos taken on site… So I have bluestacks android emulator installed with a desktop shortcut… Also I have a laser distance measure that connects via Bluetooth … But only runs on Android (or iOS)…

Unfortunately as bluestacks is an android emulator it won’t obviously connect to Bluetooth devices and the camera…

Hence I wondered if there was a way to boot the ubook Pro to usb and run a live android distro such as android x86 https://www.android-x86.org/ on a small (nano) usb stick which would be able to interface with the camera and also Bluetooth devices…

Ive had a brief look of the bios boot options and did not see boot from usb listed as an option

I’ve considered partitioning the HDD to install Android x86 on another partition but am reluctant to go down that route until I asked if anyone has any other suggestions of being able to run W10 and android seamlessly

Thanks for your time and any guidance

Rob

Yes, you can create a bootable USB flash drive and dual boot to another OS.

I have a CloudReady ChromeOS USB bootable drive and was able to successfully boot into it with the UBook Pro.

You can check available boot devices by going into BIOS and looking at the Boot page. It will list all available boot drives. Typically #1 will be Windows Boot Manager. For me, #2 was the USB drive. Here you can change the boot order if you wish but it probably would be better to select the boot drive during the boot up process.

To access the boot menu on startup, Press Fn+F7 during startup and the boot menu should appear. You then can choose which drive (OS) to boot. As I have stated, using this method I can dual boot Windows which is on the SSD and boot ChromeOS which is on the USB drive.