[Official] The way to optimize keyboard power consumption for UBook Pro

Recently, some people reported the issue of UBook Pro keyboard backlight.

It consumes electricity and heats up.If you happen to have this problem, download and install the driver.

http://chuwi.mediafire.com/file/pk90frz581zjmnk/UBook_Pro_Optimize_keyboard_power_consumption..rar/file

And this is the operational instruction:
http://chuwi.mediafire.com/file/oqiv1jqwamhu055/UBook_Pro_Keyboard_Fn_Shortcuts_and_Touchpad_Gestures_Instructions.docx/file

6 Likes

Thanksā€™ Management.

I will do following this to fix it.
And i will be back to report later.

1 Like

Followed the instruction and all now is working great !
FN+Backlight arrow now working good and during standby backlight is switching off.

Great work Team !! Thanks.

1 Like

Please note that you will have to reboot your tablet to get the Touchpad settings to appear in the Device section of Windows Settings.

I can also confirm for me that the touchpad settings appear and work correctly and the keyboard backlight switches off during sleep.

Thanks to the Chuwi engineering team for this prompt response and fix!

2 Likes

Great job Chuwi, a quick response and a result that makes the keyboard and touchpad fully functional.

Thank you

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

That fixed the touchpad but now keyboard does not work. only get the first two presses on key then nothing. but touch pad works good

Perform the installation as instructed in the powerpoint tutorial. You must disconnect and connect the keyboard at each step.

I have a problem with the download. The flash utility is written in windows. I need a Linux version. Any ideas?

I have also completed the steps and it seems that the keyboard is now switching off the light when closing the lid or when setting the tablet to sleep mode.
But the keyboard is still starting up with the brightest settings instead of remembering the last settings selected, it would also be nice if the keyboard could use the brightness sensor of the tablet to determine the back-light needed.
If Chuwi is working on an enhanced version of the keyboard for the UBook Pro I would fully support that and would buy it as soon as it is available.

It would be nice if there was a better version of the keyboard cover available. I would like to have the ā€œInsertā€ and ā€œPrt Scnā€ keys instead of some of those worthless F5 to F8 keys. It would also be nice if there was language variations available as well. I type in both English and Thai so it would be nice to have a dual language keyboard. I know I can buy stickers but I would prefer not to.

For now, I bought a nice Logitech Bluetooth keyboard that has both characters and use that while at my desk.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried to update the drivers following those links but, second forlder did not work, and now the Touchppad does not work at all.

Thanks in advance for a solution.
Regards,

had the same problem, after each step, disconnect and reconnect the keyboard

1 Like

Done, but no working. I think I need the keyboard / touchpad drivers.
Someone knows how to get them?

1 Like

restart the tablet with the keyboard on, go to the first installer in folder 1, install it, take off the keyboard, reconnect it, install the second installer in folder 2, when finished, take off the keyboard and reconnect it, and run the third installer and when finished take the keyboard off again and reconnect it, restar after.

it should work. the thing is, thos installers flash the firmware of the keyboard and update it, for that it has to disconnect thekeyboard and put it in flash mode. you need all 3 drivers installed (link in the first post)

also, if you need the whole lot of drivers, in the forum someone posted it. download it and go to the .inf files and chose install for each driver.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the detailed instructions, in fact the power point was not so clear to me.
I will do following strictrly what you are saying.
I hope it works, because I donā€™t know if in the meantime Iā€™ve remove some esential driver.
Iā€™ll let you know.

1 Like

i can point you to the drivers pack, just in case. also, as i said, i had the same issue and i freaked out because both the keyboard and the touchpad stopped working after first installer, and when i reconected it, the touchpad worked like the arrows, would move stuff leftand right but not the mouse.

after doing what i told you, and installed all 3 installers, now both the keyboard and touchpad are working, and i can dim or turn off the keyboard backligt and turn off and on the touchpad presing Fn Esc

edit: here youhave the threads with all the drivers

1 Like

Thanks a lot. In fact, no needed these latest drivers, IĀ“ve followed strictly your instruction once downloaded the files described at the beginning of this chat (just removing the chinese characters). Finally everything is working properly, in fact IĀ“m writen this using the keyboard.
Thank you very much (IĀ“m going to save the drivers, perharps they will be usefull in the future)

2 Likes

glad to help :slight_smile:

my advice, download them and have them somewher as backup, just in case something happens to the OS and you have to install windows all over. happened to me, between messing with the bios and android, i messed up beyond repair my windows 10 installation, so i had to do it anew, i also partitioned the ssd and now i have a dualboot windows10/android 9 rc2

1 Like

After updating the UBook Pro -8100Y keyboard using the instructions on this thread my keyboard backlight now turns off in sleep mode - Thank you Chuwi for the fix. My mouse pointer however has now become very imprecise, almost as if it no longer has microsoft precision drivers. If I keep my finger on the track pad the mouse courser continues to move after my finger stops for about a 1/2 inch (12 millimeters) making it very difficult to click on any smaller area of the page. If I immediately lift my finger it will stop the pointer, but when my finger stays in contact with the pad it continues to move. I re-flashed the driver 3 times and the cursor still moves after my finger stops. I compared the touchpad on my Samsung Galaxy book 12 and it performs perfectly as a touch pad should. Prior to the keyboard driver update the track pad worked really well, as well as the Samsung. I tried every combination in the touchpad setting area such as sensitivity and pointer speed and still the pointer is very frustrating to control. If there would be any way to go back to the old keyboard driver I would rather deal with the backlight issue than a touchpad pointer that keeps moving after my finger stops. Any one else considering this driver update may want to think twice if the the touchpad becomes challenging to control. I would be happy to send a video of the touch pad movement