UBook Pro dead after charging with USB - C

I returned by tablet to Amazon, I was in the test period. Sadly, because I liked the tablet, but it didn’t work. There is someone in this chat proposing something that I did not try:

“You may try to forced power off by long press of power button. My surbook mini was like that in the past and I pressed the button as long as until surbook powers on.”

Unfortunately, I can’t check it.

I contacted their after sales service gave them all the proofs

A tablet expert is also baffled he can not get any clue why it is suddenly totally dead
Battery ok
Seems some IC or any circuit part is gone power is probably not reaching the CPU or any other stater circuit
There is no beep for dead RAM so RaM is ok
Video card could be dead or CPU or BIOS it self no clue when connected to charger charger side becomes slightly warm that is all

Hi guys,

New in the forun but the same problem. UBook is dead. All I got is black screen and the little blue light on the upper right corner, and the keyboard backlight, that’s all.

I’ve tried to reboot, by pressing power button, for up to 2 minutes. And nothing, tried to get a video output to a monitor nothing. The only thing is the computer apparently cna be switched off, but when tried to power on again, only get the keyboard backlight and a black screen. Don’t know how to proceed now.

Thanks for any assistance.
Raone

No solution from my side. Unfortunately I had to return my uBook to Amazon, it was under the testing period. I enjoyed this tablet but this was a serious problem.

1 Like

No such luck for me, it went black after the return date expired… Now I’m waiting feed back from Chuwi, but I don’ have high hopes. I’m in Germany so no hopes for service shop… I’m already feel that the money went down the drain :frowning: or at least it’s going to cost me more…) Thanks though.

I’m experienced the same issue. After charging, my new ubook is dead. Just one blink of the blue light and nothing happens. I am very sad and waiting for any answer from chuwi assistance. I really hope not to be disappointed about choosing a chuwi product. In the meantime, has anyone solved the problem? Is there some buttons combinations to perform or a sort of spleepy mode in action?

Ubook and Ubook Pro with N4100 does not support charging over USB-C. The only type of Ubook which supports that is the one with the Core m3 processor. What’s more, if you do have the Uboor Pro with Core m3, you should only charge it with the “PD-supported” charger, not a typical mobile charger (PD is one of many “fast charging” protocols which mobile chargers often do not support).

You can try to disassemble the tablet, unplug the battery and the bios batery and plug again in order to reset BIOS, but there is a chance that there are some electrical controllers dead after unsupported charging.

Otherwise, I don’t know…

One thing to try.

Disconnect the keyboard and any other devices from the Ubook. Remove the SD card if you have one. Let the Ubook totally discharge. Make sure the blue light no longer comes on when pressing the power button. Even after that, let it off for another day or so. Then charge up the Ubook fully (for about a day). Leave keyboard and other devices disconnected. Try turning on the Ubook after these steps by holding down the power button for 20 to 30 seconds.

This might reset your Ubook.

Hi, I’ve got a replacement UBook (a bit silly given the experience with the previous one) and tried the USB-C charging with a ISY 45W USB-C charger and seemed to work fine, the only issue is that the charger gets a bit warmer, but that is all.

I checked the bios and it looks like the port is disabled but, I tired a dongle and all the features work fine (USB Port, HDMI, USB-C with PD on the dongle)

The only backup I want to make now is with the boot order in case I need to reload windows. Not sure if that would help with another “black screen” case.

1 Like

No matter what “visual” settings says, if usb works but in bios they are disabled - it’s normal.

I have a ubook pro N4100 and can confirm that charging via USBC is working so looks like the info by acces_denied is incorrect. Oddly when. Trying to charge directly with my 65w PD charger nothing happens, maybe it’s a strange cable issue? However I have a ugreen usbc hub that I purchased and it will charge the iBook pro if I use the same cable and charger via that. Does not make much sense to me but I have a working solution.

USBC adapter I use

And the PD adapter I have

The cable I’m using is a 100w USBC PD cable.

Not saying this is the only solution to usb c charging but it works for me and gives me a working full size HDMI port. I wish I bought the one with an ethernet port but I have a usb 3 hub with gig ethernet thigh I add to the USBC adapter and I’m golden.

Hope this helps people.

Hi, I repeated what the @Management told me in different thread. But, if it worka for you, that is good to hear :slightly_smiling_face:

My problem is precisely the same. Brand new Chuwi U Book Pro suddenly diedon the third boot and total <I hour use Used mobile 2A, 5V USB-C charger. charged from 84-86% I wrote all Chuwi contacts. I then opened it One power IC DDH 379 becomes hot.
It seems this is generic problem. Chuwi R & D, production and QC must be aware of it.
It is very expensive to send to Chuwi and get it back. Beside this, there are many complaints of of getting it lost. My money is gone waste and key board and pencil is also a waste
Kishor Athalye
+91 8369197726

I have had the same problem.

Please note, that it is not fully clear if the UBook Pro N4100 supports charging over USB-C port (Chuwi says no, some users say yes), but even if so, it doesn’t for sure support mobile chargers (as I predict, qualcom QuickCharge and other alike standards). The only standard supported is/might be USB PowerDelivery.

What has gone due to mobile 2A, 5V usb-C Port Charging is very Much important Any help?

You can never charge the UBook Pro with a mobile phone charger, as it requires a Power Delivery charger of at least 40 watts and providing 12 volts. If you use an inappropriate product, it may damage the charging system

12 V is for charger not for USB-C Higher voltage can damage circuit lower voltage should not It trickle charges. It was charging for some time
Even if damages, which part can go dead?
There is a variable voltage distributor which lowers the charger voltage of 12 V to battery voltage of 3.7 and different voltages required for various parts like CPU, display, touch screen etc.

I want to know where to look for the damage
Any capacitor, coil, Crystal, diode, resistor or IC Some indication can be of great help.

Several videos are available for Microsoft, Samsung etc but none for Chuwi U Book pro

Yup, I think their power design got some fault.

Mine used to take a few press on the power button to start up. Now when I press, I might see only the blue light flickering but it won’t start up. Then if I am lucky, I might get it up and go into Windows but between 1 min or 1 hr, the power will suddenly get cut off. Over the past few day is more like within a few minutes and it will be off and take some time to turn it back on, (that is if I am persistent enough to keep pressing the power button). Bought this only early this year and is not my main PC unit, probably using it only for less than an hour each week.

Thanks

You said it when I first switched on I had to press hard, little longer and 2-3 times
It happened 3-4 times I was anxious if this is the case when new what would happen in the long run. I should have returned it immediately. But once started it worked fine for few minutes then I used to switch off. Total booting Only 3-4 times and total run just 50 minutes. I just wanted only for occasional travelling. For regular use And business travel, I have a reliable laptop.

In India, in mumbai a place called Lamington Road is a hub for electronics.
They repair all old and new tablets using Chinese parts. They also could not identify the fault.
Chuwi must be knowing it but they are not ready to help.