Minibook battery never charges to 100%, dies quickly

When I first got my Minibook in December, it would charge to 100% and the charge indicator would turn blue. It would last a couple of hours. Later, I noticed it would die suddenly, without warning. Now, it it will never fully charge, often getting stuck at a certain percentage. Currently, it’s stuck at 35%, and no matter how long I leave it to charge, it won’t go higher. The charge indicator is red, and it never turns blue like it used to.

If I unplug and plug the power adapter back in, it will go up by a percentage point.

If I unplug power, it lasts less than 30 minutes and shuts itself off before the battery gets to even 10%, and never warns that the battery is low.

Things I’ve tried:

• Different power adapters. I’ve used both the stock power adapter and an Apple adapter.
  • Flashing the EC. I’ve flashed both of the European Version ECs I could find on the forums here.
  • Resetting the EC. Pressing the power button for 30 seconds with the power adapter unplugged.
  • Uninstalling and re-installing the battery driver in Windows.
  • Unplugging the battery. As a last resort, I removed the screws from the bottom of the Minibook, unplugged the battery and plugged it back in.

When I removed the bottom plate to unplug the battery, I noticed that one of the cells appears to be puffed, and I’m pretty sure I can smell the battery leaking (I know the smell from when my FPV racing drone LiPo batteries get damaged).

Because of this, I think I have a bad battery. Last week, I submitted a ticket via Chuwi’s [support ticket form], but I haven’t got a response yet (likely due to the Lunar New Year). Today, upon discovering the battery was puffed, I submitted an additional ticket, sent an email to service@chuwi.com and aftersale@chuwi.com, and sent a message on Facebook as well.

I’ve seen several other posts with similar issues:

2 users report the battery is stuck at 100%
1 user reports their battery won’t charge at all
1 user reports their battery is not present

In facts, the battery problem on the Minibook seems recurring.
I bought a minibook via indigogo and have had the same problem since day 1.
Impossible to have a refund, so it seems, so I have had to send it back to Chuwi.
It happens.
What piss me off, more than just a bit, is the fact that it’s impossible to get from chuwi a “technical” lead on the failure (hard/soft, batteries, cabling, etc) nor a solution (Bios or EC patch?).
So my questions are simple :
What is the cause of the problem?
When do you plan to sort a viable solution?
Why is it not possible to have a refund (and wait for the v2).?

I have been using Minibook since last month. Today I have same problem. Now I escalate this to Chuwi support team. But I want to know your status.

Chuwi’s support is nonexistent. I could help you and repair the battery, minibook will come back to perfect state. I suggest to not to flash anything (BIOS or EC), it doesn’t solve the problem and you would take useless risks.